OPERATION BLUE ANGEL
Operation Blue Angel is a program offered by the Raritan Borough Police Department to assist residents who due to advanced age, mobility, or medical concerns may be unable to answer their door during an emergency.
The program is administered free of charge to any eligible resident.
Through Operation Blue Angel, a police department-owned lock box (similar to a realtor's lock box) is installed on a door of the home. A key, supplied by the resident, is locked inside the box. In the event of an emergency, responding police officers are able to retrieve the key by using a confidential code allowing us to quickly enter the home without causing damage.
Applicants to Operation Blue Angel must meet certain criteria and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Must either live alone, or be home alone on a frequent basis
- Must provide a key (or keys) for an entry door to the home
- Must grant the Raritan Borough Police Department permission to access and use the key in an emergency.
A provided waiver form must be notarized and included with the application.
- The Police Department maintains ownership of the lock box, and if a participant moves from the residence they must notify the Police Department so that the lock box may be retrieved.
- For security purposes the resident will not be given the code to the lock box and may not request access to the lock box except in a medical emergency.
Should you need assistance with filling out the application, please contact Officer Kathleen Sausa at 908-725-6700 ext. 43 or firstname.lastname@example.org